The GAEC has released the fighter payouts for UFC 88 “Breakthrough.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Not surprisingly, Chuck Liddell was by far and away the night’s big money winner earning $500k to get knocked out cold. Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson, and Rich Franklin did well for themselves taking home $120k, $250k, and $100k, respectively.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Rashad Evans: $60,000 + $60,000 win bonus
Chuck Liddell: $500,000
- Rich Franklin: $50,000 + $50,000 win bonus
Matt Hamill: $10,000
- Dan Henderson: $100,000 + $150,000 win bonus
Rousimar Palhares: $7,000
- Nate Marquardt: $28,000 + $28,000 win bonus
Martin Kampmann: $15,000
- Dong Hyun Kim: $23,000 + $23,000 win bonus
Matt Brown: $8,000
- Kurt Pellegrino: $12,000 + $12,000 win bonus
Thiago Tavares: $13,000
- Tim Boetsch: $8,000 + $8,000 win bonus
Mike Patt: $5,000
- Jason MacDonald: $22,000 + $22,000 win bonus
Jason Lambert: $17,000
- Ryo Chonan: $15,000 + $15,000 win bonus
Roan Carneiro: $9,000
$60,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – Rashad Evans
- Submission of the night – Jason MacDonald
- Fight of the night – Kurt Pellegrino & Thiago Tavares
A disclosed total of $1,460,000, including bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.