The NSAC has released the fighter payouts for UFC 91 “Couture vs. Lesnar.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
As previously reported, Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar were the big money winners at UFC 91. Lesnar took home a disclosed $450,000 for his win, with Couture pocketing $250,000 in defeat. Of course, that doesn’t tell the whole story. It was reported that Couture has a pay-per-view revenue sharing agreement with the UFC, which was said to be worth $3 million if UFC 91 pulled in 1 million pay-per-view buys. Considering that Lesnar is such a huge draw, he’s likely not too far behind. Therefore, their total pay will be dependent on how well UFC 91 did on pay-per-view.
Courtesy of MMA Mania:
- Brock Lesnar $450,000 ($250,000 + $200,000)
Randy Couture $250,000
- Kenny Florian $80,000 ($40,000 + $40,000)
Joe Stevenson $35,000
- Dustin Hazelett $28,000 ($14,000 + $14,000)
Tamdan McCrory $10,000
- Gabriel Gonzaga $110,000 ($55,000 + $55,000)
Josh Hendricks $8,000
- Demian Maia $40,000 ($20,000 + $20,000)
Nate Quarry $25,000
- Aaron Riley $8,000 ($4,000 + $4,000)
Jorge Gurgel $10,000
- Jeremy Stephens $16,000 ($8.000 + $8,000)
Rafael dos Anjos $4,000
- Mark Bocek $18,000 ($9,000 + $9,000)
Alvin Robinson $7,000
- Matt Brown $16,000 ($8,000 + $8,000)
Ryan Thomas $3,000
$60,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – Jeremy Stephens
- Submission of the night – Dustin Hazelett
- Fight of the night – Aaron Riley & Jorge Gurgel
A disclosed total of $1,358,000, including bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.