The FSBC has released the fighter payouts for UFC Fight Night 17. Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing, or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
There weren’t any big money winners per say for UFC Fight Night 17, although Cain Velasquez took home $60,000, which includes his “Knockout of the Night” bonus. Joe Lauzon pocketed $50,000 with his purse and “Submission of the Night” bonus. Mac Danzig and Josh Neer almost broke the $50,000 threshold, each earning $45,000 and $48,000, respectively. It’s also worth noting that Rich Clementi earned himself $23,000 and a pink slip in his losing effort. Also cut, Luigi Fioravanti.
Courtesy of MMA Weekly:
- Joe Lauzon: $20,000 ($10k + $10k)
Jeremy Stephens: $10,000
- Cain Velasquez: $30,000 ($15k + $15k)
Denis Stojnic: $5,000
- Josh Neer: $18,000 ($9k + $9k)
Mac Danzig: $15,000
- Anthony Johnson: $26,000 ($13k + $13k)
Luigi Fioravanti: $13,000
- Kurt Pellegrino: $32,000 ($16k + $16k)
Rob Emerson: $10,000
- Dan Miller: $18,000 ($9k + $9k)
Jake Rosholt: $13,000
- Gleison Tibau: $26,000 ($13k + $13k)
Rich Clementi: $23,000
- Matt Veach: $6,000 ($3k + $3k)
Matt Grice: $7,000
- Nick Catone: $6,000 ($3k + $3k)
Derek Downey: $3,000
- Matt Riddle: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Steve Bruno: $7,000
$30,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – Cain Velasquez
- Submission of the night – Joe Lauzon
- Fight of the night – Mac Danzig and Josh Neer
A disclosed total of $424,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.