The OSAC has released the fighter payouts for UFC 96 “Jackson vs Jardine.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing, or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Not surprisingly, Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson was the night’s big money winner taking home $385,000 between his base pay, win bonus, and “Fight of the Night” bonus. His opponent, Keith Jardine, appears to finally be off his TUF contract pocketing $55,000 in base pay plus an additional $60,000 for the other half of the “Fight of the Night” bonus. Also worth mentioning is the substantial pay cut Brandon Vera has taken. Instead of the $100,000 Vera used to make when he lost, he’s now only earning $60,000 when he wins.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Quinton Jackson: $325,000 ($225k + $100k)
Keith Jardine: $55,000
- Shane Carwin: $32,000 ($16k + $16k)
Gabriel Gonzaga: $60,000
- Matt Brown: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Pete Sell: $12,000
- Matt Hamill: $40,000 ($20k + $20k)
Mark Munoz: $12,000
- Gray Maynard: $20,000 ($10k + $10k)
Jim Miller: $9,000
- Tamdan McCrory: $20,000 ($10k + $10k)
Ryan Madigan: $3,000
- Kendall Grove: $44,000 ($22k + $22k)
Jason Day: $5,000
- Jason Brilz: $10,000 ($5k + $5k)
Tim Boetsch: $12,000
- Brandon Vera: $60,000 ($30k + $30k)
Michael Patt: $5,000
- Shane Nelson: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Aaron Riley: $6,000
$60,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – Matt Hamill
- Submission of the night – N/A
- Fight of the night – Quinton Jackson and Keith Jardine
A disclosed total of $942,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.