The UFC 98 weigh-ins took place earlier today at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
All fighter made weight with the exception of Mike Pyle who has yet to weigh in since he was called on just today to replace Chris Wilson against Brock Larson. His weight will be updated later tonight. If you missed the weigh-ins, don’t worry, you didn’t miss much. Nothing terribly exciting happened (hopefully not indicative of how the event turns out tomorrow night).
Update: Mike Pyle weighed in later at 172lbs. He will not be penalized.
The weigh-in results:
- Rashad Evans (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (204)
- Matt Hughes (170) vs. Matt Serra (171)
- Xavier Foupa-Pokam (186) vs. Drew McFedries (185)
- Dan Miller (185) vs. Chael Sonnen (186)
- Frank Edgar (155) vs. Sean Sherk (156)
- Brock Larson (171) vs. Mike Pyle (172)
- Pat Barry (237) vs. Tim Hague (263)
- Kyle Bradley (156) vs. Phillipe Nover (156)
- Andre Gusmao (206) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (206)
- Brandon Wolff (170) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (171)
- George Roop (154) vs. David Kaplan (156)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 98 “Evans vs Machida” will take place tomorrow, May 23, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and will air live on pay-per-view at 10PM ET/7PM PT.
Images courtesy of CombatLifestyle.com