The NSAC has released the fighter payouts for UFC 98 “Evans vs. Machida.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing, or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
The night’s biggest money winner was UFC veteran Matt Hughes who pulled in $200,000 for beating Matt Serra plus an additional $60,000 for Fight of the Night. New UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida did quite well for himself raking in a total of $200,000 for winning the title and securing the KO of the Night. The man he beat, Rashad Evans, matched his pay also pocketing $200,000.
Courtesy of MMA Weekly:
- Lyoto Machida: $140,000 ($70k + $70k)
Rashad Evans: $200,000
- Matt Hughes: $200,000 ($100k + $100k)
Matt Serra: $75,000
- Drew McFedries: $34,000 ($17k + $17k)
Xavier Foupa-Pokam: $6,000
- Chael Sonnen: $50,000 ($25k + $25k)
Dan Miller: $15,000
- Frankie Edgar: $40,000 ($20k + $20k)
Sean Sherk: $40,000
- Brock Larson: $42,000 ($21k + $21k)
Mike Pyle: $15,000
- Tim Hague: $10,000 ($5k + $5k)
Pat Barry: $7,000
- Kyle Bradley: $8,000 ($4k + $4k)
Phillipe Nover: $10,000
- Krzysztof Soszynski : $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Andre Gusmao: $5,000
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Brandon Wolff: $3,000
- George Roop: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Dave Kaplan: $8,000
$60,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – Lyoto Machida
- Submission of the night – Brock Larson
- Fight of the night – Matt Hughes and Matt Serra
A disclosed total of $1,196,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.