The CSAC has released the fighter payouts for WEC 46 “Varner vs Henderson.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional undisclosed bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Former WEC featherweight champions Urijah Faber and Mike Brown took home the biggest checks last night. Faber earned himself $62,000 for choking out Raphael Assuncao in front of his hometown crowd in Sacramento, plus he probably brought home a lot more in sponsorship money from Amp Energy Drink, who if you didn’t notice is now “the official energy drink of the WEC.” Meanwhile, Brown saw a slight bump in his pay on his new five-fight WEC contract. Instead of the $15k/$15k he made when he had the featherweight belt, he’s now earning $19k/$19k. One other thing, since there wasn’t a KO bonus to give, couldn’t they have given out a second submission bonus to Mark Hominick? His armbar was just as slick as Faber’s RNC. I’m sure he could use an extra $10k.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Benson Henderson: $22,000 ($11k + $11k win bonus)
Jamie Varner: $18,000
- Urijah Faber: $52,000 ($26k + $26k)
Raphael Assuncao: $13,000
- Kamal Shalorus: $10,000 ($5k + $5k)
Dave Jansen: $4,000
- Mike Brown: $38,000 ($19k + $19k)
Anthony Morrison: $4,000
- Deividas Taurosevicius: $14,000 ($7k + $7k)
Mackens Semerzier: $4,000
- Charlie Valencia: $18,000 ($9k + $9k)
Akitoshi Tamura: $8,000
- Wagnney Fabiano: $30,000 ($15k + $15k)
Clint Godfrey: $3,000
- Mark Hominick: $10,000 ($5k + $5k)
Bryan Caraway: $4,000
- Eddie Wineland: $8,000 ($4k + $4k)
George Roop: $3,000
- Will Campuzano: $6,000 ($3k + $3k)
Coty Wheeler: $3,000
$10,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – N/A
- Submission of the night – Urijah Faber
- Fight of the night – Will Campuzano & Coty Wheeler
A disclosed total of $302,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.