The OAC has released the fighter payouts for WEC 47 “Bowles vs. Cruz.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional undisclosed bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
It wasn’t former champions Miguel Torres or Brian Bowles or new bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz, or even lightweight pioneer Jens Pulver who earned the biggest paycheck at WEC 47 last Saturday night. It was Joseph Benavidez who pocketed $39,000 after his win and submission bonuses. Miguel Torres and Leonard Garcia were the only other fighters who managed to break the $20k mark.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Dominick Cruz: $18,000 ($9k + $9k win bonus)
Brian Bowles: $12,000
- Joseph Benavidez: $29,000 ($14.5k + $14.5k)
Miguel Torres: $26,000
- Javier Vazquez: $12,000 ($6k + $6k)
Jens Pulver: $14,000
- L.C. Davis: $18,000 ($9k + $9k)
Deividas Taurosevicius: $9,000
- Bart Palaszewski: $12,000 ($6k + $6k)
Karen Darabedyan: $4000
- Scott Jorgensen : $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Chad George: $3,000
- Chad Mendes: $8,000 ($4k + $4k)
Erik Koch: $3,000
- Anthony Pettis: $6,000 ($3k + $3k)
Danny Castillo: $9,500
- Leonard Garcia: $14,000*
George Roop: $3,000*
- Fredson Paixao: $4,000 ($2k + $2k)
Courtney Buck: $3,000
- Ricardo Lamas: $10,000 ($5k + $5k)
Bendy Casimir: $3,000
$10,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – Anthony Pettis
- Submission of the night – Joseph Benavidez
- Fight of the night – Leonard Garcia & George Roop
A disclosed total of $276,500, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.