Sengoku 13 took place earlier this morning at Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan. Masanori Kanehara put his Sengoku featherweight title on the line against Marlon Sandro.
Results and recap after the jump.
In Marlon Sandro’s last fight, he only needed 9 seconds to knock out Tomonari Kanomata. A few fights before that, it took him 19 seconds to knockout Nick Denis. Against Sengoku featherweight champ Masanori Kanehara he needed a little longer, but not by much. 38 seconds into their title fight, Sandro separated Kanehara from consciousness with an uppercut to become the new Sengoku featherweight champ. Kanehara was carried out of the ring on a stretcher.
“This is my childhood dream to win this belt,” Sandro said. “Thanks for supporting me. Jose Aldo, you are number one, but I’m also number one, too. I have two belts.”
Keita Nakamura and Takuya Wada both advanced to the next round in the Sengoku welterweight grand prix. Maximo Blanco and Ryo Kawamura both took their opponents out with strikes. More details at MMA Fighting.
SRC 13 will air via tape delay next Friday, June 25, on HDNet at 10PM ET.
- Marlon Sandro defeats Masanori Kanehara via Knockout in Round One
- Keita Nakamura defeats Omar de la Cruz via TKO (Strikes) in Round Two
- Takuya Wada defeats Jae Sun Lee via Split Decision
- Maximo Blanco defeats Rodrigo Damm via TKO (Strikes) in Round Two
- Ryo Kawamura defeats Hidetada Irie via TKO (Strikes) in Round Two
- Hiroshi Izumi defeats Chang Seob Lee via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Yasubey Enomoto defeats Sanae Kikuta via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Doo Ho Choi defeats Ikuo Usuda via Split Decision
- Shigeki Osawa defeats Katsuya Toida via DQ (Groin Shot) in Round Three
- Kazuki Tokudome defeats Yuma Ishizuka via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Ye Won Nam defeats Ikkei Nagamura via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round One
Image via Kamipro