Strikeforce Challengers 9 took place earlier this evening at the Comcast Arena in Everett, Washington.
Shane del Rosario picked up an easy win against Lolohea Mahe in the main event to improve to a perfect 10-0. Rosario drilled Mahe with a left in the first round and finished him shortly thereafter with knees from the clinch. Rosario, who’s been flirting with a fight against Bobby Lashley since last year, asked for Andrei Arlovski after the fight.
Strikeforce women’s 135lbs. champion Sarah Kaufman made a statement just like she said she would. Reminiscent of Rampage Jackson’s infamous power slam of Ricardo Arona, Kaufman hoisted Roxy Modafferi up in the air as she worked for an armbar, and boom, slammed her back down to the canvas, effectively knocking her out. If that doesn’t earn her a spot on a major card, I don’t know what will. Marloes Coenen is next.
You can check out a full recap over at MMA Junkie. Results after the jump.
- Shane Del Rosario defeats Lolohea Mahe via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Sarah Kaufman defeats Roxanne Modafferi via Knockout (slam) in Round Three
- Bobby Voelker defeats Cory Devela via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mike Kyle defeats Ron “Abongo” Humphrey via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round Two
- Caros Fodor defeats Thomas Diagne via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)