The UFC on Versus 2 weigh-ins took place earlier this evening at the San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, California.
All fighters made weight with the exception of DMarques Johnson who missed the 171 lbs. limit by 1.5 lbs. He’ll be given additional time to cut the extra weight. Update: Johnson was only able to shed a half a pound before the CSAC cut him off. He’ll be penalized 20% of his purse.
James Irvin looked a million times better back at light heavyweight. Hopefully he’ll make it through tomorrow night’s fight without any freak injuries. Brian Stann makes his debut in the middleweight division tomorrow. He was definitely leaner, but didn’t look emaciated at 185 like Irvin did.
This post will be updated with pictures and video later tonight.
The weigh-in results:
- Jon Jones (206) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (206)
- Yushin Okami (185) vs. Mark Munoz (185)
- John Howard (170.5) vs. Jake Ellenberger (170.5)
- Takanori Gomi (156) vs. Tyson Griffin (154)
- Paul Kelly (155) vs. Jacob Volkmann (156)
- Matthew Riddle (171) vs. DaMarques Johnson (172)
- James Irvin (205) vs. Igor Pokrajac (204.5)
- Mike Massenzio (184) vs. Brian Stann (186)
- Charles Oliveira (154) vs. Darren Elkins (154.5)
- Rob Kimmons (185) vs. Steve Steinbeiss (185)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC on Versus 2 will take place tomorrow, August 1, at the San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, California and will air live on Versus at 9PM ET/6PM PT.