The UFC 117 weigh-ins took place this earlier this evening at the the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.
All fighters made weight with the exception of none other than Thiago Alves. Alves has a history of missing weight, but he was only off by half a pound and should be able to shed it for a second weigh-in attempt. Update: Nevermind, Alves couldn’t drop the half pound for his second attempt and will forfeit 20% of his purse.
As you can see above, Anderson Silva basically did a role reversal of his staredown with Chael Sonnen yesterday choosing not to face Sonnen at all. I really hope the fight lives up to all the hype Sonnen has created around it.
This post will be updated with pics and video later tonight.
The weigh-in results:
- Anderson Silva (184.5) vs. Chael Sonnen (185)
- Jon Fitch (170.5) vs. Thiago Alves (171.5)
- Matt Hughes (170.5) vs. Ricardo Almeida (170.5)
- Junior Dos Santos (240) vs. Roy Nelson (263)
- Clay Guida (156) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (156)
- Dustin Hazelett (169.5) vs. Rick Story (169.5)
- Phil Davis (205.5) vs. Rodney Wallace (206)
- Tim Boetsch (206) vs. Todd Brown (206)
- Charlie Brenneman (171) vs. Johny Hendricks (171)
- Stefan Struve (247) vs. Christian Morecraft (263)
- Ben Saunders (171) vs. Dennis Hallman (171)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 117 “Silva vs. Sonnen” will take place tomorrow, August 7, at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California and will air live on pay-per-view at 10PM ET/7PM PT.