The Strikeforce “Houston” weigh-ins took place earlier today at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
KJ Noons weighed in a quarter pound over the 156 lbs. limit, but his opponent Jorge Gurgel agreed to the fight without Noons having to cut it. In the prelims, Andre Galvao’s opponent, Jorge Patino, did not make it to the weigh-ins on time and is expected to weigh in later today. Chad Robichaux was a pound over in a 130lbs. catchweight bout. He was given an hour to drop it.
- Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (203.75) vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (203.5)
- Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (184.75) vs. Tim Kennedy (185)
- K.J. Noons (156.25) vs. Jorge Gurgel (154.75)
- Bobby Lashley (246) vs. Chad Griggs (228.5)
- Daniel Cormier (249) vs. Jason Riley (256.5)
- Andre Galvao (170.75) vs. Jorge Patino (170.8)
- Vinicius Magalhaes (144.5) vs. Rocky Long (146.25)
- Kier Gooch (155.5) vs. Adam Schindler (155.5)
- Jose Santibanez (154.25) vs. Reynaldo Trujillo (155.25)
- Humberto DeLeon (127.25) vs. Chad Robichaux (131)
- Chad Cook (205.25) vs. Arteneus Young (204)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
Strikeforce “Houston” will take place tomorrow, August 21, at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas and will air live (tape delayed on West coast) on Showtime at 10PM ET/PT.