Despite all the drama that ensued earlier this week surrounding Shine Fights’ lightweight grand prix, the event reportedly went off without a hitch earlier tonight. Drew Fickett tapped out Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett, Dennis Bermudez and Carlo Prater in fairly quick fashion to win the tournament.
Naturally, there were questions about fighter safety and pay with the lack of sanctioning for this event, but the good news is there haven’t been any reports of any serious injuries* and Tracy Lee even managed to snap a picture of Shine Fights’ CEO Devin Price signing the checks. Hopefully that means all the fighters are in good condition and were paid in full.
Results after the jump.
- Drew Fickett defeats Carlo Prater via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round One
- Carlo Prater defeats Charlie Brown via Majority Decision, two rounds
- Drew Fickett defeats Dennis Bermudez via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round One
- Rich Crunkilton defeats Carlo Prater via Split Decision
- Kyle Baker defeats James Warfield via Split Decision, three rounds
- Dennis Bermudez defeats Shannon Gugerty via Unanimous Decision, two rounds
- Drew Fickett defeats Charles Bennett via Submission (Guillotine) in Round One
*Should be noted Rich Crunkilton couldn’t continue in the tournament due to a rib injury he sustained in his split decision victory over Carlo Prater