The CSAC has released the fighter salaries for UFC 121. Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional undisclosed discretionary bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Not surprisingly, Brock Lesnar and Tito Ortiz brought home the big bucks at UFC 121 with $400,000 and $250,000 guaranteed payouts, but new heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez did quite well for himself too. He earned $270,000 altogether with his show money and disclosed win and KO bonuses. Diego Sanchez came in fourth with $170,000 with his bonuses. And Jake Shields rounded out the top five with a $150,000 payday. For those wondering, Shields’ Strikeforce purses were never released, but his last EliteXC purse when he fought Paul Daley was. He made $40,000/$10,000 for that fight. If I remember correctly, Shields’ EliteXC contract was transferred over to Strikeforce, so if he was making the same there (it’s also possible his pay escalated over the course of his contract), he got a considerable bump in pay coming to the UFC.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Cain Velasquez: $200,000 ($100k + $100k win bonus)
Brock Lesnar: $400,000
- Jake Shields: $150,000 ($75k + $75k)
Martin Kampmann: $27,000
- Diego Sanchez: $100,000 ($50k + $50k)
Paulo Thiago: $18,000
- Matt Hamill: $58,000 ($29k + $29k)
Tito Ortiz: $250,000
- Brendan Schaub: $20,000 ($10k + $10k)
Gabriel Gonzaga: $67,000
- Court McGee: $30,000 ($15k + $15k)
Ryan Jensen: $10,000
- Tom Lawlor: $20,000 ($10k + $10k)
Patrick Cote: $21,000
- Daniel Roberts: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Mike Guymon: $8,000
- Sam Stout: $32,000 ($16k + $16k)
Paul Taylor: $16,000
- Chris Camozzi: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Dongi Yang: $8,000
- Jon Madsen: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Gilbert Yvel: $30,000
$70,000 bonus to each fighter.
- Knockout of the Night – Cain Velasquez
- Submission of the Night – Daniel Roberts
- Fight of the Night – Diego Sanchez & Paulo Thiago
A disclosed total of $1,793,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.