Strikeforce Challengers 14 took place earlier this evening at the Cedar Park Center in Austin, Texas.
Pat Healy handed Lyle Beerbohm the first loss of his career in a highly entertaining back-and-forth grappling affair. Beerbohm had plenty of moments but Healy did enough to earn a close but unanimous decision from the judges. Carlo Prater only need 38 short seconds to put Bryan Travers to sleep with an anaconda choke. Ryan Couture picked up the second win of his career. He needed nearly the entire 15 minutes to do it, but he choked out a very resilient Lee Higgins with a rear-naked choke with 20 seconds left in the fight. Ryan Larson dominated Erik Apple on the ground before eventually transitioning into a triangle from mount to get the tapout. David Douglas absolutely blitzed Nick Gonzalez in the opening bout. He caught Gonzalez early, pounded the heck out of him and choked him out when Gonzalez gave up his back. Fun fights. Full recap.
Results after the jump.
- Pat Healy defeats Lyle Beerbohm via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Carlo Prater defeats Bryan Travers via Submission (Anaconda Choke) in Round One
- Ryan Couture defeats Lee Higgins via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round Three
- Ryan Larson defeats Erik Apple via Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round Two
- David Douglas defeats Nick Gonzalez via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round One
- Ousmane Thomas Diagne defeats Aaron Franco via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Drew Pendleton defeats Dennis Dombrow via Submission (Guillotine Choke) in Round Two