The UFC 129 weigh-ins took place this afternoon at the Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- As expected, the Canadian fans in attendance went nuts for Georges St. Pierre right after they tried to boo Jake Shields out of the building. Neither appeared to have any trouble with their weight.
- The crowd chanted “Randy! Randy! Randy!” when Randy Couture walked out on stage.
- Guess who accompanied Lyoto Machida on stage for the weigh-ins? None other than Aikido master Steven Seagal! He even positioned himself right behind Dana White for the staredown pics. Burning question: Will Lyoto finish Randy with a front kick to the jaw???
- Ben Henderson missed weight by a 1/2 lb. coming in at 156.5. The commissioner complained that the music was vibrating the scale so they turned it off hoping that would get Ben under the limit, but it didn’t. Ben looked physically depleted. Hopefully he can cut the last 1/2 lb. Update: Henderson made 156.
The weigh-in results:
- Georges St. Pierre (169.5) vs. Jake Shields (169)
- Jose Aldo (145) vs. Mark Hominick (145)
- Randy Couture (203.5) vs. Lyoto Machida (204.5)
- Jason Brilz (204.5) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205.5)
- Mark Bocek (155) vs. Ben Henderson (156)
- Nate Diaz (171) vs. Rory MacDonald (170.5)
- Jake Ellenberger (170) vs. Sean Pierson (170)
- Claude Patrick (169.5) vs. Daniel Roberts (170.5)
- Ivan Menjivar (136) vs. Charlie Valencia (135.5)
- Jason MacDonald (185) vs. Ryan Jensen (185)
- John Makdessi (155.5) vs. Kyle Watson (155)
- Pablo Garza (145) vs. Yves Jabouin (146)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 129 “St. Pierre vs. Shields” will take place tomorrow, April 30, at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and will air live on pay-per-view at 9pm ET/7pm PT.
More UFC 129 weigh-in pics at CombatLifestyle.com.