Despite questioning whether he was “committed” enough last month, Gary Shaw has booked Kimbo Slice in his first professional boxing match against an unnamed opponent on August 13 in Miami, Oklahoma. The announcement was made earlier today.
On Saturday, August 13, legendary street brawler Kimbo Slice will make his long-awaited professional boxing debut in the four-round main event of a Gary Shaw Productions and Tony Holden Promotions boxing extravaganza at Buffalo Run Casino in Miami, Oklahoma.
“Kimbo was always meant to be in the ring,” said Jared Shaw, Team Kimbo Promotional Advisor. “He’s one of the hardest punchers in the world and on August 13, his journey to becoming America’s heavyweight begins. The first stop will be Oklahoma in what will become the Kimbo Slice Express.”
“He’s completely focused on his boxing career and excited to showcase his talents inside the squared circle,” continued Shaw. “Kimbo Slice is hungry and when that man wants his bread, he’s scary.”
“Even in his losses, Kimbo brought a level of excitement that few fighters can generate,” said his promoter, Gary Shaw. “He is a genuine personality with unbelievable strength and character and we’re excited about his prospects in boxing. The minute he steps in the ring, he’ll be one of the most recognizable and talked-about fighters in the sport and his fans around the world will once again feel the excitement.”
“Kimbo’s been waiting for this and now it’s time,” added Imber.
Kimbo’s opponent and other bouts on the card will be announced soon. Tickets will go on sale July 5 at BuffaloRun.com. They will be priced at $38, $48 and $68. No word yet on whether this fight will be broadcast via television, the internet or pay-per-view.