The UFC 140 weigh-ins took place this afternoon at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.
Interestingly, Toronto tried to boo light heavyweight champion Jon Jones right out of the building. Guess they don’t care for all that talk about destiny and stuff. Reaction to Lyoto Machida was mixed, but it seemed pretty clear that the crowd likes him more than Jones. There are rumors floating around that Machida is sick. For what it’s worth though, he looked fine at the weigh-ins.
On another note, Dennis Hallman, who drew ire from Dana White for wearing a pair of speedos at UFC 133, came in heavy at 158.5 pounds. Hallman will not attempt to cut anymore weight and will be fined a percentage of his purse.
The weigh-in results:
- Jon Jones (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (204)
- Frank Mir (260) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (239)
- Tito Ortiz (206) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (204.5)
- Brian Ebersole (170.5) vs. Claude Patrick (171)
- Mark Hominick (145) vs. Chan Sung Jung (145.5)
- Krzysztof Soszynski (206) vs. Igor Pokrajac (205)
- Jared Hamman (185) vs. Constantinos Philippou (185)
- Dennis Hallman (158.5) vs. John Makdessi (155.5)
- Yves Jabouin (136) vs. Walel Watson (135.5)
- Nik Lentz (156) vs. Mark Bocek (156)
- Rich Attonito (170.5) vs. Jake Hecht (170.5)
- John Cholish (156) vs. Mitch Clarke (154.5)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 140 “Jones vs. Machida” will take place tomorrow, Dec. 10, at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Canada and will air live on pay-per-view at 9pm ET/6pm PT. The pay-per-view will be preceded by prelim specials on ION TV and Facebook.