Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le is no dummy.

If talk of a potential meeting with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is out there, Le is going to follow up.

“If the UFC wants me to fight after our discussion, I’m totally open for it,” said Le, while appearing on The MMA Hour Monday. “For me, I don’t mind either way. I’m just happy that I’m in the mix.”

Le vaulted himself to a contender spot by knocking out Rich Franklin last year. That came on the heels of a victory over Patrick Cote, improving his record to 9-2 overall.

Le hasn’t been as active as other fighters due to his booming movie career, but the 40-year-old doesn’t appear to be headed for retirement just yet. Instead, he is actually focusing more on facing some of the top names in his division.

“I’d be excited to see how I do, whether I get beat up or whatever,” Le said. “It doesn’t matter. That’s why we compete. That’s why we challenge ourselves.”

Photo credit: Showtime