Vinny Magalhaes knows the kind of pressure he will be facing when he steps inside the Octagon at UFC 163 to take on Anthony Perosh.

With just a 1-1 mark since his return to the promotion, the former Ultimate Fighter runner-up feels like a loss could mean his second dismissal from the UFC.

“The way I performed in my last fight, I could be cut right now,” said Magalhaes, in a recent interview with Fight! Magazine. “They didn’t have to give me this chance against Anthony. But, the UFC gave me this chance and I want to prove I can be much better than I did last time.”

Magalhaes, a former M-1 Global champion, lost to Phil Davis earlier this year, dropping him to 1-3 all-time in the UFC. The Brazilian will be competing on his home spoil when he faces Perosh, as the bout takes place August 3 from the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

Competing in the UFC gives Magalhaes the chance to prove himself, he feels, against the best of the best – regardless of ranking.

“I just want to fight in the UFC period. I don’t care if I’m fighting Top-10, Top-5 opponents,” he said. “If you’re in the UFC, you’re fighting top fighters.”